Dear Serious Traveler,
Let us walk through some of those mythical, magical and mystical places which are shrouded with glory of the erstwhile saga. On this trip, we will be witnessing two of the most important festivals of India - Khajuraho Dance Festival and Basant (spring) Panchami (5th day of the fortnight in the Hindu lunar calendar) Festival. As we journey through some of North India’s most beloved sites, we will explore ancient cultures, see UNESCO World Heritage Sites and sip delicious tea at its source in Darjeeling!
Be part of the festivals, learn the culture, explore the surroundings and spend time with nature. Our journey will start in the capital city Delhi - where you can travel through the layers of time and history. Travel on from Delhi to Jaipur - an enthralling city with colorful and chaotic streets. Spend a few days in the walled city before we drive to the Mughal city of Agra. The magical allure of the Taj Mahal and the fascinating tomb from the Mughal empire will be impressive highlights. From Agra take a short train ride to Khajuraho to discover the sensuous moods of the ancient temples where the annual festival will take place and witness dancers from all over the country participate and perform their local dance. Take a flight to Varanasi - the sacred city, observe the divine beauty of the River Ganges. Fly to Kolkata to explore the old world charm of the city. Celebrate Basant Panchami with enthusiasm and smearing of vibrant dry colors on each other. Travel north to the beautiful city of Kalimpong - a small hill station on the foothills of Himalayas. Indulge in the landscape while we visit the gompas of this region. Finally spend time in the tea gardens of Darjeeling with a freshly brewed cup of tea before you return home.
Unleash your adventurous spirit and join us in vibrant, exotic India.
We are here to help you plan a trip of a lifetime, so please give Sarah or me a call. We are very eager to help you make your travel dreams come true.
President, Travel Concepts International
- Marvel at the Taj Mahal at sunrise, the spectacular testament to love in white marble, reflected in garden pools
- Experience the unique architectural masterpiece of the temples at Khajuraho during its annual dance festival
- Visit India’s UNESCO World Heritage Sites: Fatehpur Sikri, Agra Fort and Qutab Minar monuments in Delhi
- Be captivated by the Pink City of Jaipur - The Land of the Kings
- Fly to Varanasi - the Sacred City - to witness the divine beauty of the Ganges
- Browse through bazaars and craft centers
- Marvel at the spectacular scenery and tranquility of Darjeeling and its Himalayan vistas as you sip delicious tea at its source
- Join in the colorful spreading of fun for the Basant Panchami Festival in the vibrant Bengali city of Kolkata (Calcutta)
- Visit the Bhutanese monastery of Thongsa Gompa - the oldest monastery in Kalimpong
All this is included
- Five flights and four train rides within India
- Select meals, tips for guides and drivers
- Comprehensive sightseeing by private air-conditioned coaches
- Pre-trip study material, flight bag, luggage strap and document holder